The SEO Killers will mean one thing to your small business, missed opportunities for revenue. It’s just that simple. Today your business can benefit greatly when it’s easily found by a search engine like Google or Yahoo. We know that certain things will bring your site to the top of the search engine page but, what about things that could result in your website showing up on page 3? Does anyone ever get as far as page 3?
Some important things to think about…
- Backlinks – solicit your friends and colleagues, with trustworthy sites, to link to your page. Link to trustworthy sites from your page. Use your keywords in the descriptions of your links to other sites.
- Avoid Downtime – research your service provider to ensure uptime is reliable. Consider changing providers if not.
- Duplicate Content – a guaranteed SEO killer. Make sure each of your pages is unique.
- Title Tags – these should be utilized, either with the name of the business or creative use of your keywords.
- Keywords – used correctly, they will be a huge part of how search engines and customers find you.
- Images and Flash – use sparingly because they can’t be “seen” by a search engine.
You have worked hard to make your site user-friendly and intuitive for your visitors, don’t forget to make a plan to bring them to your door. By following a few simple rules you can increase traffic to your site, often resulting in new sales. Keep it fresh and new, with clear and concise content that does not stagnate on your page. A blog is an excellent way to keep new content coming in to your site.
Search Engine Optimization is accomplished by the best use of keywords. By using these words correctly and placing them strategically on your page, it will mean that the search engines will include your site when those words are entered. Patience is important because this is a ongoing process but, once you have achieved top ranking you can put those SEO killers away for life.
If we can help you with your search engine rankings or answer any questions, please contact us.